The pupil premium is a sum of money given to schools each year by the Government to improve the attainment of disadvantaged children. It is given to any children who have received free school meals in the past 6 years.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals – and accordingly pupil premium – if you receive any of the following benefits:
• Income support
• Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
• Income-related employment and support allowance
• Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of state pension credit
• Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
• Universal credit
Please contact the school office if you think that your child might be eligible – the funding really does help school in supporting them.